Sunday, January 2, 2011

mirrors, lakes, minds

i'm listening to a mix called quiet nights. i'm reminded that reflection isn't only for mirrors or placid lakes, it's for our souls, our minds, our hearts. looking over what you've experienced.

i've only been home, or whatever you call my location (seeing as how it changes weekly), for around 3 weeks now. i'm on the brink of leaving again for 6 months and entering into a fast paced, ever changing environment. i could spend this time reflecting on my internship, my travels, my experiences this semester, but instead i want to reflect on the people in my life.

there is no doubt in my mind that the song "Georgia On My Mind" was written because of the way this place resonates in your heart even after you've been gone. i, for one, can attest to the fact that the people i know are one's you'd write books about. characters in stories that are loyal, dependable, deep in character - that sort. these fictitious representations are mere shadows of the people i know and have met and have lived life with. when i leave you, i cry because i love you. you are forever in my heart as some of the most impacting people in my life. i wouldn't be here without you.

you are the Atticus Finch, the Charlie, the Denver Moore, the Samwise, the Ron Weasley & Hermione Grainger. you don't just make me feel good on a bad day or share the same interests - you're the challengers, the stubborn friend who won't let someone keep doing dumb things. you're dedicated, loving, and yet completely unique and true to who you are. to the few chosens - i love you. i need you. i respect you. and i'm excited for you.

until we reunite again.

1 comment:

anne said...

this is beautiful =]