Saturday, May 29, 2010

hello? goodbye? ok fine see you later

i dont think that its a cop out to take quotes and apply them to your life. so here i am, gracing all of you with yet another quote to explain my thoughts and life and see if it comes together to make some kind of sense.

...And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin

Anais Nin has been someone I have researched and looked in to since high school. Her view on life has challenged me and yet brought me closer to my own soul. As some would say, "I like that"! As the days dwindle down to a meager two remaining left in the little, historical town of Milledgeville, Georgia, I have to face the fact that my time here is done. As my heart aches with pangs of sadness, I also have to grip the excitement of a new kind of life in front of me.

This city has let me grow into a person I've wanted to become. It has challenged me. Angered me. Taught me. Frightened me. Comforted me. The list could go on and on. But now, it is time to go. As sad as I am that I am leaving friends who have helped me become who I am, I can't deny the truth that just like what Anais said, I have to take the risk to blossom.

So here I am. Hello to my new world. Goodbye to the old. And see you later to every one I love.

No comments: