Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I feel it all.

This week's theme is to the song "I Feel It All" by Feist. I love her lyrics, her creativity, style, voice...you name it. One thing that The Lord has been showing me is that it doesn't have to have the label "Christian" for it to be good. He has shown me that He likes music...all kinds. Not just music either...He loves art, movies, books, architecture, monuments...anything and everything that people create. His interest is in the creator's heart. He made each of us with talents and gifts and one thing He enjoys is that we express those talents. So...I think God dances with me when I listen to "1,2,3,4". And I wouldn't have it any other way.

One thing that has stuck in my thoughts lately is prayer. Obviously, we're supposed to "pray without ceasing". But what is prayer when we don't take the time to think about what we're praying for? More than that, how do we pray effectively for people if we don't know how to pray for them? When I lift someone up to God, I want to take the time to know what I'm asking God to do. I want to be specific and really dwell on what the Lord is doing in their life. It's so easy to just throw a prayer around for someone else out of routine. One thought that came to mind was if I took the time to pray for other people with the same intensity when I prayed for myself, how much more do you think would be done? Jesus' commandment was "Love God. Love one another". Maybe I need to be loving people not only through encouragement and smiles, but taking my personal time to love them by giving them to God in intercession.

My quest for this week is to pray for others more than I pray for myself. And...dance to beautiful, fun music like Feist more often. :)

2 comments:

Amy Tarleton said...

that's great. i've been learning a lot about prayer too. i'm actually starting to enjoy praying for other people.

ledgesinme said...

Meg,

Your faith and love for God inspires me. Your mom and I know that your prayers for our family have moved mountains. It is hard to express how deeply you touch our heart.

Love,

Dad